Saturday, October 17, 2009

Back From the Hospital

We had another trip to the hospital. Jordan got off of her steroids, and the hemangioma started to flare back up. Her nose now is one big hole. She lost the part between her two nostrils. The hemangioma was wrapped around the tip of her nose and that is one part that flared up. We took her to the ER at Dell Children's Hospital in Austin on Tuesday night. They went in and cleaned her nose. The doctors said the damage is done, but they don't think it will continue to get worse. We put her back on the steroid and things already look better again. I guess the two medicines that she is on have to work together.

It has been really hard watching your baby's lip and nose disappear. Winston stayed with my sister. It was also hard being away from him for so long. We are all home again. I would say things are getting better, but Jordan stayed up ALL night last night. Winston was very restless. My prayer is that Jordan heals quickly and that we are all able to rest at night.

4 comments:

  1. Kristy,

    I can't even begin to image what you and Shannon are going through with Jordan. Just know that all of you are in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to bless and protect Jordan and Winston and give you and Shannon the strength and the courage that is needed to make it through this difficult time.

    Things will get better - they have to.

    We love all of you,

    Patrice, Paul, Meagan and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Jordan and speedy healing.....wish there was more I could do. Be comforted by knowing that God will protect his sweet little angel. Hoping I can still come stay with you after next weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same goes for us, too. I will continue to
    pray for you, Shannon and the twins.

    We love all of you.

    God Bless,
    Uncle Ivan
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying and thinking about you daily...bless your heart...you are a strong person...things will get better...I have finally finished both quilts and hope to get to see the twins before they are teenagers...luv ya...hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete