Her ENT put tubes in her ears first. That took about 15 minutes. She said Jordan had a lot of negative pressure in them. For us, it would feel like we would need to pop our ears. The plastic surgery took around two hours. Her doctor said she did great. He said he rearranged what was there. He took part of the hemangioma off her lip but not all of it. He expects that to still shrink with time. If he takes too much, he would not be able to put it back. He was not sure if she would need surgery later on. We will make that decision as she heals. He said to expect a lot of swelling.
So with that information, they called us back to recovery. By this time I was really nauseated. When I saw Jordan, she was just waking up. She was not happy and pulling at her lip. She said it hurt. She wanted me to hold her but was trying to pull at her stitches. Her eyes and nose were bloody. They said it was from the wash they had to give her (whatever that means). Her mouth was bleeding. I couldn't take it, I was about to throw up. I handed her to Shannon and they wheeled me out. My mother went back to help Shannon.
About an hour later she had calmed down a lot, but I was still not feeling well. They continued to monitor her for a few more hours and released us to go home. We decided to stay with my mom and dad since I wasn't feeling great. By the time we got to their house, I had a low grade temp and was extremely nauseated. Shannon was also not feeling well. He went home and stayed up all night throwing up.
Jordan continued to improve while her mom and dad suffered through a virus. We are all much better now. I am not worried that she will get this, I am pretty sure the kids had it the weekend before her surgery. She had diarrhea for three days and Winston threw up. I was so worried we would have to postpone the surgery but never thought about us getting sick.
Here are a couple of pictures a few weeks before surgery.
Jordan right before surgery.

No comments:
Post a Comment