At the end of spring break I took Jordan to her plastic surgeon. He said we can go ahead and schedule her nose surgery. It will be a three step process. We are hoping to start the first step at the end of May. The first surgery will require her to stay over night. She will have to come back three to four weeks later for the next part and possibly stay that night. Three to four weeks after that, they hope to touch up and release her the same day. She will be put under each time.
I have been on edge since that visit. I have many concerns, but my biggest is the scar they will leave on her forehead to fix her nose. It will go from her hairline to her eyebrow. Her face looks so good now and she has come so far. I hate that she will have another battle scar the rest of her life. I struggled with this all week, prayed a lot, and know that this is going to all be okay. She is in God's hands and it is better to do it now than to wait. My prayer right now is to guide the doctors to make the best decisions for my child. She is so strong, and I am so proud of her. Please keep her in your prayers.
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am sure the scare will fade in time. She has come a long way. I new she was special when I first saw her picture with a white cross on her forehead where the hemangioma was not present. Ya'll will be always in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless
Ivan Carol Paul Patrice Meagan Jacob