Well, Shannon and I took Jordan to a plastic surgeon at Texas Children's in Houston. His name is Dr. Hollier and I really liked him. This was his first time seeing Jordan. After listening to what went wrong, he said he wouldn't worry about fixing her nose right now. He would focus on improving the appearance of her lip and that scar. Then he recommended having some laser treatment on her cheek. He said that is what is most noticeable, and for social reasons, that should be fixed first. Those procedures would be short and quick. He said that Jordan needs to get the last nose surgery in her past and that he would not do anything for several years. He never said exactly how he would repair her nose, but he doesn't think he would do another flap (I was happy to hear that). I asked if her nose would look deformed as she grows, and he couldn't say for certain. He did say that when the time comes to fix her nose, he would be working with a team of doctors. He admitted that it is not going to be an easy fix. He told us to continue to message Jordan's forehead scar and to keep sunscreen on it. He said that may need a little repair later on. When he walked out of the door, he looked at me and said things can only get better from here...but they didn't, was my response...they will, was the end of our conversation. Tears filled my eyes, and my heart was filled with hope.
So, who do you trust? Why didn't I get a second opinion right away? These questions keep going through my head. I trust God to lead me from here, and I must leave all the rest in the past.
Last week I interviewed and was offered a teaching position in Fayetteville. I happily accepted, and I am excited to be so close to home. The kids will be turning four, and I was going to start them in PreK. Now that Jordan may be having touch up surgery, I am just not ready. So, I am looking for a great place for my children to stay for one more year.
I have to say something about my faith, because God pulled me out of ANOTHER storm. When you are going through it, you never understand the whys. I am weak and became angry after all that Jordan had to go through, but God worked through my family and pulled me right out of that bitterness. I knew that I could not stay there long. I fought every day for about a month to get rid of so much anger and disappointment, I focused on what I do have, and one day I felt His peace again. God will get this glory.
Jordan is something special.
No comments:
Post a Comment