Thursday, December 12, 2013

God's Peace

For several months now, I have had so much anxiety about Jordan's surgery.  I was so weak that I didn't think I was going to make it through some days.  Starting a new job and having my kids at work has also been very trying.  But underneath all of that, I was scared inside for my baby girl.  It was not until Sunday that I felt God's peace again.  We are blessed to have so many family and friends praying for us, because we were lifted up in prayer.  I was reading my bible Sunday night when this popped out and it continues to replay in my head all day long.  You will have to forgive me, because I am not good with the books, chapters and verses of the bible, but  I heard this loud and clear, "When I am weak, He makes me strong."

He made all of us strong!  Especially Jordan.

She did a great job and never cried.  I am the one that cried when they took her back, but I still had peace.  Jordan's face is really bruised and swollen from the laser treatment.  The laser makes the blood vessels pop underneath her skin.  We didn't realize how many vessels she had in her left cheek.  She will have to have more laser treatments to get rid of it all.  Her lip is also very swollen.  I am not sure what that will look like yet because of the bandages.  They said that the laser treatment feels like a burn and to keep ointment on it at all times for several days.  She is finally doing a little better with the pain, but it must have hurt.  We knew when she needed more medication.  She is talking more today and is the most lovable child.  She is so brave.

Winston doesn't know what to think about all of this.  I know that he is scared for her and acts out because he doesn't know what else to do.  We are all on the road to recovery and hopefully will be back to normal when Santa comes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment