Monday, February 23, 2009

The Saga Continues

Today I went to work spotting like I have been doing for the last four weeks. About 15 minutes after I arrived, I had a gush of blood. I didn't panic and thought that it would go away. I was thinking I probably did too much work this weekend and a little blood was coming out. As the day went on, the blood got heavier. I have an appointment to see my new doctor in College Station on Friday, February 27. They told me to go see Dr. Wincek if anything happened before that day. So, I called and went to see him today. The ultrasound showed two growing active babies. I can not believe how much they have grown. As far as the bleeding, he is still not a 100% sure. He said the clotting blood in my uterus was gone. He thought that I might be in preterm labor, but he ruled that out. He did say one of the babies was right next to my cervix, and I might be experiencing placenta previa. He said that this is not uncommon in early pregnancy, and it should go away when the baby grows a little more. I asked why this is happening to me. He said that I have been a bleeder from day one and that we are just trying to figure out why. I don't normally do this, but please pray for us. I know God is good, and He will hear our prayers.


Here are the twins again. Twin A (top) is sucking its thumb. You can even see its brain starting to develop. Twin B has always been harder to see. As they grow, I think that one will continue to be harder to see. I think Twin B is more active and likes to put on a show. They are both the same size.

No comments:

Post a Comment